Committed to Transformative Discipleship Model of Education
Founded in 1982, as a Christian school with a strong commitment to Christian discipleship, East Linn Christian exists to equip students to use their God given gifts, talents and intellect to serve Christ with passion. We fulfill our mission by providing transformative discipleship. Using God's inerrant Word as our guide for teaching and mentoring a diverse student body in a model that supports spiritual development starting with basic knowledge, moving to understanding and ultimately, wisdom. We are preparing our students to live life skillfully in a fallen world. (Ephesians 4:12-16)
East Linn Christian Academy is an educational institution committed to consistent biblical Christianity as set forth in the following doctrinal position. It is nondenominational in character and under biblical principles.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God; (Heb. 4:12, I Peter 1:25, Jn. 17:17)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; (Matt. 3:16, Eph. 4:6, Ex. 20:3)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory; (Jn. 1:1-3, Matt. 1:23, II Cor. 5:21, Jn. 2:11, Heb. 9:11-14, Col. 3:1, Matt. 16:27-28, Jn. 10:30)
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration sovereignly applied by the Holy Spirit and evidenced by a living faith in Christ is absolutely essential; (Jn. 3:3, Tit. 3:5-8, I Jn. 2:3-6)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life; (Eph. 3:17-18, Rom. 8:9)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation; (Jn. 3:36)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Eph. 4:3)
- We believe God created man and from the man created woman. He created them male and female. He created man in his own image, in the image of God He created them. We believe that God created marriage and for this reason He designed marriage and marital relationships to be between a man and a woman. (Gen. 1:27, Gen 2:21-24, Rom. 1:18-27)
- The Bible is used to guide instruction, practice and policy. (II Timothy 3:16)
- Our faith is expressed as a balance of head and heart, intellect and emotion. (Galatians 4:18)
- It is our sincere belief that prayer makes a critical difference in all that we hope to accomplish. (II Chronicles 7:14, James 5:16)
- Our mission cannot be accomplished without staff committed to Jesus Christ. (Matthew 12:30)
- We recognize the importance of modeling Godly character; our words and actions have an impact on the lives of our students. (II Corinthians 4:1-2)
- We employ staff that desire professional growth.
- We invest in continuous development to enhance the delivery of instruction. (Colossians 3:23)
- We intentionally focus on meeting our mission rather than preserving or growing the organization. (II Corinthians 2:17, Philippians 2:19-22)
- We strive to be purposeful in our work to offer Christ our best. (Colossians 3:23)
- We continuously examine and refine our programs with the intent of achieving excellence. (I Corinthians 10:31)
- We work in partnership with the Christian community
- We view our role as supplementary to the local church.
- We never intentionally compete for the church's programs or funding. (Matthew 16:18)
- We actively pursue relationships with Christian ministries that share our spiritual commitment. (I Corinthians 3:5-9)
Love God by loving His people. Establish policies that reflect the best interest of students and employees.
Honor the Lord in the way we operate by adhering to biblical principles.
Inspire a desire for the Kingdom of God by assisting students in their pursuit to live their calling.