We are thankful that the vast majority of East Linn Christian families choose to remain at ELC through graduation.
To simplify the enrollment process and ensure seats for current students, East Linn Christian has adopted Continuous Enrollment – a seamless process that offers students the ability to remain enrolled without having to re-register each year. Students simply remain enrolled until graduation, or if necessary, until they initiate the withdrawal process.
Each February, ELC publishes an updated Tuition and Fee Schedule for the upcoming school year. Annually, current families will agree to pay the tuition by selecting a payment plan, and pay a per-student commitment fee ($150). New families will pay an application fee ($35), a new student registration fee ($275) and select a payment plan.
The following are East Linn Christian’s Continuous Enrollment Policies:
- New families will be charged a per student, Application and Enrollment Fee as part of the initial enrollment process.
- The Application and Enrollment Fees are non-refundable.
- Current families will be charged an Annual Commitment Fee. This fee is collected to reserve enrollment for the following year. The Annual Commitment Fee may be paid in-full or spread over three months; March, April, and May.
- The Annual Commitment Fee is non-refundable. Except when contingent on a Tuition Assistance Grant. The contingency is only in effect when a Tuition Assistance Application is not awarded.
- Families will be responsible for setting up an account with FACTS Tuition Management Services; choosing the payment plan and due date that best fits their individual needs.
- An, early withdrawal penalty, equal to 10% of annual tuition will be assessed when a student withdraws early resulting in a breach of annual contract.
- If a student withdraws from school early due to an unforeseen circumstance, the Board will consider waiving the early withdrawal penalty. Any outstanding balance of fees will be billed to the family.
- The school reserves the right to require an account to be brought current for a student’s continued attendance.
- Any family whose account has been overdue more than 30 days is subject to suspension of attendance.
- Students will be allowed to begin a new year after all previous years’ obligations are met and accounts are current.
- A Student’s diploma will be withheld if the family leaves the school owing tuition or any other fees. All checks must have cleared the school’s account before the diploma is released.
- The school board reserves the right to ask a family to withdraw from the school if, in the opinion of the board, the family is unable to support the policies and practices of the school, or has lost trust in the school and its leadership.
- As a family maintains their Continuous Enrollment, each student’s information (i.e. address, phone, email, emergency contacts, and medical information) is continuous from grade to grade in school’s information system. Families must keep the student’s information up to date in FACTS. ELC will help maintain student records by reminding parents to provide updated information, as necessary, but each parent is ultimately responsible for the completeness and accuracy of their child’s information.
- Families are responsible for paying tuition for every month they are enrolled regardless of school breaks. For example, if a family moves on July 15th they will be responsible for the entire July amount.
- A $35 late payment fee will be assessed to all insufficient fund transactions.
- Continuous Enrollment does not apply to international students; they follow a separate exchange application process.
- ELC reserves the right to use the student’s photo in publications, social media, and the website, unless the parent requests otherwise in writing.
- Parents will endeavor to form a partnership with their children’s teachers to strengthen the educational opportunity afforded to them.
- If parents have a concern or are dissatisfied, they will seek to resolve the issue with the person(s) directly. Parents agree to not gossip about teachers, staff, students or other school families, but to follow the principles of Matthew 18:15-17.
- ELC admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.